13. The Military Salute
a. The Salute will be rendered when reporting in uniform to the SASI or cadet officers. It will also be rendered when reporting to cadet boards or during certain formal activities such as award presentations.
b. The salute will be rendered between cadet airmen and cadet officers, between cadet junior officers and cadet senior officers, and all cadets and the SASI when both are in uniform, whether on or off campus. Cadets not in uniform will not salute.
c. In reviews or other formations, individuals will not salute except at the command, "present, ARMS".
Hazing of cadets is strictly prohibited. Any type of physical or mental abuse and punishment is prohibited. Cadets will not issue push-ups or any other physical activity as punishment.
15. Cadet Boards
. The Cadet of the Month (COM) board: One first-year cadet selected by the flight staff of each flight will compete for COM.
1. The date and requirements of the COM board will be determined by the A1 and announced well in advance.
2. The A1 will determine the members of the COM board.
3. It is the flight staff's responsibility to prepare their cadet.
Disciplinary boards will be convened, in a timely manner, by the CV as required.
1. The CV will determine the members of disciplinary boards.
2. The board will listen to/determine both sides of the issue, decide on the results and punishment (if required) and advise the instructors of their findings.
3. Members are required to keep the discussions and findings of the board confidential unless directed otherwise.
4. Instructor and Senior Staff conclusion will determine the action to be taken.
16. Staff and Staff Meetings
a. Every Staff Meeting called to order by Senior Staff is mandatory.
b. "Staff" includes all officers (Flight CC's, Team CC's, and OIC's) of every department.
c. Staff members who cannot attend must be excused by the Commander and are responsible for insuring that they are represented at the meeting.